All I can say is I've been sick and busy at the same time. I've got a bad case of bronchitis and between that, baseball and the end of the semester, I haven't had the time or gumption to sit down and write.
I get irritated when things are sitting around and not being used, so I've been thinking about stash busting. I don't have any real projects in mind. There is one pair of socks I need to make for myself, but other than that, I'm relatively free. I decided to make some baby stuff out of what ever is in my basket. Now, whenever I need a baby present, I can have a few things around in case I'm not in a knitterly mood, you know?
First I decided to use up some of my leftover Devon from the Enid cardi, and Addi Turbos #3 US. I have several vintage pattern books from the 30's through the 60's. I chose a raglan cardi pattern and reworked it on so many levels, it might actually be my own pattern now. Here's the finished product, sans the buttons. I've GOT the buttons, but I have yet to sew them on.
I'm not too crazy about the way the purple and green stripes separate from the rose color, but that's what I get for not swatching the pattern. I will say that stripes, as annoying as they are for weaving in, make seaming a breeze.
Now I'm working on a little jacket from the early 40's and following the pattern as closely as possible. I'm using Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Handpainted in Spring Frost and US #2 straights. The pattern called for 3 ounces to make the jacket, and the yarn comes in 4 ounce hanks, but after weighing the back, I discovered it has almost used 2 ounces. I will probably have to buy another hank of the yarn, which sucks because the dye lots are bound to be completely different. There's an awful lot of small stitches in this little jacket, so I'm not really willing to frog it.
I'm much further along than this picture shows, but you can get the gist of the color and the pattern.
Finally, here's a little gift from my garden:
I hope everyone is doing well.