Tuesday, September 25, 2007

More Felting

Hi Everyone.

I have been really enjoying working with felt. I made another eyeglass case, and I think it turned out better than the first. The stitching is more even, and I think the buttons give it a kind of folk art feel. The green felt is thinner than the blue felt, so the leaves seem a little out of proportion to the whole thing. Next time, I'll take that into consideration:



I've begun another felted project. This time I'm making a small clutch decorated with shell buttons and embroidery. The example in the book is dark blue with bright orange buttons, but I had this light blue sweater and shell buttons, so I decided to make the whole thing kind of pearly. The colors of the embroidery threads echo the pearlized colors in the shell buttons. Here is the whole thing laid out. I still need to finish the embroidery, sew on the silk lining (still to be salvaged.), make a button hole and sew on the closing button:



When I finish the sewing and the embellishment, the clutch will look something like this:



Here's a close up so you can see the colors of the threads:



I'm having a blast with this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pearly colors in that little clutch. Very pretty.

Sandra said...

Wow, I am totally impressed! Sorry, but will steal an idea or two for some future gifts! Hope you don't mind!

Betty said...

These are really neat!