Monday, June 26, 2006

Home Again

Well, we got home on Saturday. It was hard to leave BEAUTIFUL San Destin, Florida. I have never seen the water clearer or greener. Hardly any seaweed, and only 1 shark sighting (LOL, but true). I did see a few dolphins as well.

Here's how it went: Spent all day in the Gulf with the boys all 3 days. Ate fantastic seafood, drank a few tropical drinks, glasses of wine, cans of beer (no glass on the beach). Walked on the beach early in the mornings and late in the evenings. No one got sunburned (we're a pretty pale group, so that's an amazing feat!), but some little sea creature bit my toe and made it bleed! Brave me, I got back in the water, but only after the blood stopped. Didn't want to give the sharks an invitation.

And as this is a knitting blog, here's the knitting low down: Koigu sock in the car on the way there and back. I finished it today, but it's just as too big as the first one. What's wrong with me? I KNEW that would be the case, but I just wanted to finish the pair.

In other knitting news, I ordered yarn on line for the first time today. I know, I'm a late bloomer. I ordered 2 balls of Opal solid sock yarn. I'm planning on making Grumperina's Jaywalker socks for my 2 sisters-in-law for Christmas. I can't wait to get the yarn & get started. In the mean time, I'm working on the never ending sampler afghan.

1 comment:

yarnwright said...

Hi, Hesira!

Consider yourself 'tagged'/'memed', whatever they're calling it today in the blog-o-sphere:

(copy and paste and answer on your blog)

1. What is the ugliest thing you've ever knit?

2. What is the most beautiful thing you've ever knit?

3. Who are your fave knitting designers, living or dead? (name up to 3)

4. Do you watch Knitty Gritty on DIY?

5. Have you ever knit in your sleep? (not just dreaming, has someone seen you make the motions?)

6. Have you ever taught someone to knit?

7. How many WIP's or UFO's, currently?

8. Circulars, or straights?

9. Fave 'thing-item' to knit?

10 Name the person who 'tagged-memed' you.

---

then, after you've put it on YOUR blog, tag-meme someone else! (and tell the blogging public WHOM you're going to tag/meme!


Hugs, and Happy 4th of July,

Noreen