Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Back to Square One

I have the worst luck with sock patterns. I've tried 3 so far that haven't worked out very well. The Jaywalker is history. Frogged it about 2 minutes ago. I used the smaller size in the pattern (my feet are 5.5 US) and I couldn't get the thing past my heel when I tried it on. I was planning to give these to a woman whose foot is larger than mine, but not much. I really don't feel like using the larger size, or figuring out how to make it work. The leg of the sock is pretty long, and if I shortened it, it would probably fit better. I feel like cussing, but I try not to do that here.

I was all psyched about getting Christmas presents done in the summer. I'm losing my joy over that. I just wish I could find the RIGHT pattern. I may give the Opal yarn a rest and try some beautiful Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock I have in my stash.

Do you have a great sock pattern you LOVE? If so, tell me about it, PLEASE!


On a happier note: Isn't this cool?

2 comments:

ICJ said...

Must be a sock virus around here... I have been having trouble making socks too lately! LOL

Amazing and yummy watermelon though! :)

Isabelle aka Tricotine

cathych said...

ack, I hate to make socks, lol!!!!!!! I had steaks on the 4th!!!!!!!