Thursday, August 10, 2006

Accentuate the Positive

One of my worst traits is my pessimism. I have tried to write this post several times this morning and it keeps coming out negative. Let me try to spin this in a more positive light.

I am losing interest in my knitting. Is this a permenant condition or just a slump? I am not going to worry about it. So what if I don't like the sock I'm making? It can sit a while until I feel like picking it up.

In the mean time I can do the thing I really want to do: Paint! I am not going to worry about painter's block or set up unrealistic expectations for myself. I have a painting I want to make and I have the supplies. The stretcher isn't ready, but I should be able to finish it and stretch a canvas next week, after #1 starts 1st grade. I may get a little painting time in as well. I start work the following week, but I'll have Tuesdays and Thurdays to paint and draw. I'm not going to defeat myself by saying I also have cleaning, shopping, grading, and prep work to do on those days as well....drifting into pessimism, must steer clear!

If I say it here, then I have to do it.

1 comment:

vtwopoint5 said...

You shouldn't worry about a knitting slump. Let's face it, knitting can get boring at times when you don't feel like trying something new or doing something you have already mastered. Let the sock sit a while, it won't go anywhere :)

I would LOVE to be able to paint - I say you should definitely do that when you have the desire!