Monday, August 14, 2006

Stretcher Progress

Yesterday my husband cut my quarter rounds and today I'm glueing and nailing them onto the bases of the stretchers to form a curved transition. I have 3 stretchers in progress, 2 are about 3 x 4 feet, and 1 is about 2 feet by 4 feet. The 2 x 4 one is for restretching an unstretched painting a friend gave me. The other 2 are for me. They are looking great and I should be finished with them by Wednesday. Then I can stretch & prime the canvases and probably can get to painting by Wednesday or Thursday. I feel so much better getting this moving. I haven't painted much since the boys were born and I have been pining for it.

I'm not feeling so blue about my knitting. I really don't like the color of the yarn I'm working with and I think that is the problem. It's a manly brown/black/cream combination for my husband. Also, I'm used to knitting for women's feet and his big ole' clodhoppers require many more stitches. Sobeit!

#1 started 1st grade this morning. It was surprizingly easy for us all. He is sitting next to a little boy he idolizes for his soccer skills, so he's happy. I smell trouble ahead, though. They will probably talk and fidget with each other.

I'm just so glad to get those stretcher going!

2 comments:

vtwopoint5 said...

How was the first day for #1? And for mom? :)

hesira said...

The 1st day was great. He is going to the same school he attended for kindergarten, so he's familiar with the people and procedures. I think kindergarten was pretty hard. New school, and right after Katrina...things were so disrupted, it was hard for him to adjust. Same for me, but we're both doing fine now!

Thanks for asking.