Saturday, April 08, 2006

My first post. I created this blog because I needed a place to be honest. I guess there are so many instances in my life where I am not exactly completely honest, that I just wanted a place to speak my mind. So, here I go. I am 41 years old, and live in the Deep South. I have a husband and 2 sons who are 6 and 3. I teach art at a university. I used to paint and draw every day, but pregnancy, motherhood, and renovation of an old house (ongoing) have slowed down my output. So, I knit.

I knit because I have itchy fingers. I knit because I am a person who needs to make things. I knit because I need to keep learning. I usually knit in the winter, but have been known to knit in the summer. I knit in the car, in my chair, in bed. I have a lot of crappy yarn and some good stuff. There is no LYS around here.

Non-knit stuff: I am currently thinking about Freddie Mercury's performance with Queen at the Live Aid concert some 20 years ago. We have the DVD. Probably the greatest live rock performance in history. Unbelievable! And I'm not even a Queen fan. I just can't stop thinking about it. I'm also thinking about the Spring planting I need to do. It's late, but I'm going to plant tomatoes, basil, marigolds, zinnias, sunflowers, and impatients.

As for this blog. I don't know anything about blogs. I plan on figuring it out. I know that it's not much to look at. I want to figure out how to improve its appearance. I'll start posting photos soon.

Well, that's all for now.

No comments: